Just a quick update.....Ok I know I was ranting in my last blog about this crazy heat, and I just have to wonder if God reads blogs? On my way to work this morning it was so DELICIOUS outside, I drove to work with all my windows down. My car thermometer said it was a intoxicating 77 degrees and that, I have to tell you, felt just like heaven!!! I knew today was supposed to get up into the 100's again, but that morning just made my day. So I get thru work sweating like a ban-chi and manage to poke myself in the eye trying to wipe the sweat off my face. When I get home the sky looks a little cloudy but I don't think to much of it, when all of the sudden, I look out on the porch and my plants are blowing over and the rain is coming down sideways! I was sooooo damn excited! I even ran out in my shorts and tank top to pick up some of the plants and got soaked in a matter of seconds. I actually was so happy I stood out there and collected as much rain water as I could, to keep for another hot day coming up! My plants are gonna love it! I know it sounds stupid but little things like this make me sooo happy! I LOVE Texas storms and only wish we had them more often for me to watch! When I lived in Dallas it seemed like we always had great storms to watch, but for some reason I think Austin is in some sort of bubble that makes them automatically dissipate before they can get here. So with the few ones we get, I want to dance in them I'm so excited! Ok enough about the weather.
I have to talk about the dilemma I had today. On my route its pretty rural and there is one street that is full of livestock on various properties. One such property has cows and I think Ive seen horses there as well. Well in the process of delivering mail to one CBU (Centralized Box Unit) I heard this horrible sound. I looked across the street and this cow (I'm not sure if it was male or female) was making this pitiful "mooouuuuu" sound. I started to watch it and it kept looking down and smelling something on the ground. I walked across the street and although its was about 200 yards off in the field, it looked like a baby calf laying down. The "Mama" (lets just say that since it was acting like one) kept making that sound, and as I watched I don't think the calf moved. I was really upset because I don't know if the calf was alive or dead, but the "Mama" was obviously upset about it. Unfortunately it was to a house that I don't deliver to, and they had a locked gate, other wise I would have gone right up in there! I tried to get a number by information but they couldn't look it up by address. So I called my trusty husband that can find anything online, given time. He did a reverse address look up and found a number for me. I called but got a machine and probably sounded like a complete freak saying I was really worried about their cow! I still don't know what happened and it just leaves a little sick feeling in my stomach that maybe I could have done something more.....I know I know, I just cant help it when I see and animal in distress! Ok I'm going to hope for the best, and start packing because I'm off in about 1 hour to catch my flight to SFO to get the girls! I cant wait! Until next time! Love y'all
Saturday, June 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yeah for the girls coming into town!
I can't imagine seeing that poor mamma cow! The pain she must've felt seein her baby on the ground! Ugh! I wanna cry for her! Thanks for trying all you could---it was much more than most people would!
Oh, and thanks for all your help with the Seattle thing! We really appreciate it---I need you to email me your address cuz I got you something you are going to literally FREAK out about---seriously--you'd better call me when you open it so I can get the full reaction! Love ya!
Texans and their storms....Drew misses them too. He loves the crash boom bang sound and I'm just wondering how those sounds bring such joy!? Maybe if I can find a CD playing Texas storm noises, Drew can close his eyes and feel right at home...all the while, I plug my ears and pray for a reprieve!
I'm so sorry about that cow. I'm fairly sensitive to most animals and I would've had a hard time hearing such a noise and not being able to throw my cape on (Yes, I do have one for moments like that) and save them. I'll pray for the heifers. :(
Post a Comment