Nature is a sea of forms, a leaf, a sunbeam, a landscape, the ocean- what is common to them all is beauty..... Each moment has its own beauty; it beholds every hour a picture which was never seen before and which shall never be seen again. Every hour and season yields its tribute of delight from breathless noon to grimmest midnight.


----Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hook em' Horns!!!!!

Ok so its that time of year were we all get a little football fever. Here in Austin the fever has been upgraded to a case of all out frenzy!!! Our little local college team is NUMBER 1 right now and we couldn't be more proud! LOL Every Saturday we start out with the proper team apparel to show our support, then comes the game watching, cheering, drinking, eating, and over all euphoria! To say that they are doing good is really an understatement and we are so excited that we are actually here in Austin this time around. The last time the Longhorns won the national championship we were living in Salt Lake City and it wasn't as much fun without the electric feel around the city! When they played in the Rose Bowl it was a late game and I remember getting out everything, and anything Longhorn that we owned to grace over the TV to send good juju. It was kinda pathetic, but hey we did what we could. The last 5 minutes of the game were so intense that Andrew couldn't even watch. He had to go out onto the porch and pray they won. He has some crazy theory that if he watches they wont do good. So out on the porch he was pacing back and forth, and I was inside our apt screaming like a banshee (at midnight mind you) In the last couple seconds of the game our quarterback brought in the game winning touchdown and I couldn't stop cheering. I remember our neighbors called us to tell us to shut up! LOL Now I have to say that I have always liked the Longhorns and considered myself a fan, but I think I have developed into an even better one since we moved back to Texas! (Note the Longhorn burnt orange nail polish completed with matching flip flops LOL) Its so much fun and I'm so glad that we are here for this season. Now I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch but it looks like we may have a nest full of winnings coming up, and dare I say another National Championship????? I'm sure I will keep y'all posted. Here are some recent pix from our game watching experiences. All I can say is Hook em!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's right, girl! HOOOOOOK 'EM!!!! We don't even live in Texas and I swear, Drew brings the electricity here into Oregon. He bleeds orange, I tell ya!!!! I'll be watching the game tomorrow...Drew will be AT it! He's beside himself. I swear, he peed himself last night just thinking about it! LOL

Unknown said...

I talked so much smack around the school the week prior to the OU game that all the teachers came to congratulate me the following Monday! Even the ones I don't talk to came and said something because no one could NOT notice that I'd worn TEXAS gear everyday for the last 5 days straight. (What dress code??)
Then those duck-loving fools tried to tell me we'd have the jinx of the #1 team. Ya, well... how bout you ask Mizzou how my Horns handled that one!
You better believe we've got the electricity alive here in good ol Ktown, OR!

Jessica said...

seriously--you look sooooo skinny in this pic--you need some rio