Nature is a sea of forms, a leaf, a sunbeam, a landscape, the ocean- what is common to them all is beauty..... Each moment has its own beauty; it beholds every hour a picture which was never seen before and which shall never be seen again. Every hour and season yields its tribute of delight from breathless noon to grimmest midnight.


----Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

12 going on 30?????

I know it happens...every year they have a birthday and get older but when did it all happen so damn fast? She was a little thing just yesterday when she first came into my life many many years ago....she lost a tooth that day in the restaurant. She was so little and innocent... We went swimming together when she was a little girl and she had fun just being a little girl. Finding delight in little girl things. Now she is 12...so grown up. (I realize that I'm not even half way there yet but wow!) I try to remember back to when I was that age....pretty much a quiet homely girl, very much unlike her! She defiantly has her mom's genes and has developed way early for a 12 year old. She is so damn gorgeous and I know boys are already looming in the distance....more like pounding down the damn door...where does all the time go? I just hope I can help her understand to be true to her self and not give in to all the drama. She is a strong person with a good level of self confidence, but I cant help but worry. She is my little "Plum" and I don't want her to deal with heartbreak or pain of any type. I'm sure that it will find her sooner or later because we all did, but its hard to know where the fine line is to let them find their own way, or where you have to protect them from all the worlds evils. I'm so glad she feels comfortable talking to me and telling me all the gooey details on the boys, but I fear for when that is gone. I want her to be the best person that she can, and I just am so scared of all the "bad boys" out there. Not that I'm biased or anything, but I'm so proud of the young woman she is becoming and I know she will go so far in life, I just want to protect her from every bump and bruise she will most certainly encounter. I'm glad that she seems to have found a good friend foundation since moving out to San Francisco. The girls she surrounds herself with seem to have their heads together and I feel that will be a good influence on her. I think that goes a long way in how you grow up and formulate you live values. I'm so blessed that she is in my life and I cant wait to be there for her next chapter!

2 comments:

KateMattRexSloane said...

She is a hottie. Good girlfriends and supportive parentals are important!! She is lucky to have them!!

~ La Familia ~ said...

She's got he best "BONE" Mom ever !!! melubsu xoxoxo